ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CATEGORY
1. Jessie Harder, Grade 7, Clearmeadow Public School, Newmarket Read Jessie’s Essay
2. Paige Getty, Grade 2, Clearmeadow Public School, Newmarket Read Paige’s Essay
3. Michael Sadono, Grade 7, St. Nicholas Catholic Elementary School Read Michael’s Essay
SECONDARY SCHOOL CATEGORY
1. Tattiana Pancho, Grade 11, Sacred Heart Catholic High School, Newmarket Read Tattiana’s Essay
2. Sam Routley, Grade 11, Huron Heights High School, Newmarket Read Sam’s Essay
3 . Connor Lee, Grade 12, Newmarket High, Newmarket Read Connor’s Essay
First Responder Day Celebrations Include Student Essay Contest details
Thank you letter ——————May 2, 2014
Dear Mr Klees and Team.
Our most sincere thanks for a wonderful evening last night.
Thank you for your kind and generous acknowledgement of Michael and Mary and their essays. They are over the moon happy with the prizes and the honour.
Thank you for working so hard for the community and to bring great attention and appreciation to the First Responders.
This essay contest has exposed our children and many other young ones
- to the importance and dedications these First Responders put into their work for the sake of our communities.
This exercise literally change their outlook and awareness when we see police cruisers, fire trucks and ambulances on our daily runs around town.
And we, as a family, continue to have open dialogue about First
Responders and what they contribute to our lives each and everyday.
We believe it is an important and positive lesson for our children to have greater gratitude for all the great people that do great work around us.
Sorry, we didn’t get the chance to speak in person last night, but we thank you and we wish you all the very best in your future endeavors.