POWER PLANT SCANDAL
Sept 26, 2012 The Minister of Energy claimed yesterday morning that the cost of relocating the Oakville power plant would be $40 million, but internal government documents released Monday afternoon reveal a far more disturbing price-tag. Taxpayers will pay a minimum of $450 million for the Oakville power plant relocation.
The cost, according to Schedule B of the Memorandum of
Understanding between the government and TransCanada, includes a $40 million payment for unrecoverable costs and a $210 million
payment to purchase TransCanada’s gas turbines. The OPA
documents further reveal that an additional $200 million will be
required for new transmission lines, a cost which was concealed
by the Minister of Energy for the past two years.
The motion by Mr. Leone arising from the Speaker’s ruling of Sept 13, 2012.
Leone – Main Motion – That this House directs the Minister of Energy and the Ontario Power Authority to table immediately with the Clerk of the House all remaining documents ordered by the Standing Committee on Estimates on May 16, 2012; and
That the matter of the Speaker’s finding of a prima facie case of privilege, with respect to the production of documents by the Minister of Energy and the Ontario Power Authority to the Standing Committee on Estimates, be referred to the Standing Committee on Finance and Economic Affairs, which is hereby re-constituted as it existed on September 9, 2012; and
That the Committee shall be authorized to meet at the call of the Chair, and shall report back its findings and recommendations no later than November 19, 2012.
Amendment to the Motion
That the words “November 19th, 2012” be deleted and the following added “November 23rd, 2012”.
Amendment to the Amendment to the Motion
That, the words “November 23rd, 2012” be removed and the following be added, “November 26th, 2012”.
COST OF HYDRO
- Ontario’s electricity file has been grossly mismanaged your hydro bill has increased 75% since 2003
- I know you won’t be fooled - read Frank’s article here andHydro Bill Relief Not Enough: See article by Sean Pearce, in the Era Banner,
- Why is the cost of electricity expected to rise by 46 %
- The McGunity Goverment decided that it would be a good idea to pay “GREEN ENERGY” companies as much as 20 times more to generate electricity than it costs to do so conventionally, and pass the cost to you. The province has been willing to pay as much as 80 cents per kilowatt hour for solar and wind. see FIT Program
- That new “SMART METER” that was supposed to save you money and help you conserve energy. You’re being charged for that so-called “smart meter” and when you look at your bill, you’ll realize that your rates have actually increased, you’re not using less electricity, but the only thing that’s changed is that you’re now doing laundry at one o”clock in the morning! Give consumers a choice.
- July 2010 McGuinty added 8% HST to your hydro bill
DEBT RETIREMENT CHARGE (DRC)
- What is the residual stranded debt? click here
- Consumers have already paid the full DRC $7.8 Billion
- Debt Retirement Charge Needs Forensic Audit! - Read Frank’s article here Feb 2011
- Why are we paying 6 more years for a debt paid in full?What are they hiding!
HST ON HOME HYDRO AND HOME HEATING
- The HST was added to energy bills on July 1 2010
- The HST: Brace yourself - Read Frank’s article here
- Remove the HST from Home Hydro and Heating bills
- The FEED-in-TARIFF Program is ill conceived
- Frankly Speaking article Yes to Green Energy …NO to Expensive Energy Experiments August 12, 2011
SMART METERS AND TIME-OF-USE
- Give consumers a choice
Smart meters and time-of-use
Copy of Letter from Eric Smith, Newmarket
To the Minister of Energy
You are missing my points.
First, Newmarket residents have been paying a higher rate, than other areas, surrounding us, for over a year. The last time I checked, this is a democracy, and what I pay should be the same as my neighbours.
Second, Smart Meters provide NO useful information, at a glance, so that I might be able to monitor my “at the moment” useage. (whereas, with the old meter, I could look at the wheel spinning, and turn off a high use appliance) The information on line is useless, and only supplys two day old information. Too late to do much about it after the fact.
I also have NO faith in the technology, as my Smart Meter was replaced THREE times, and I have to take YOUR word for its accuracy.
I see a large move towards Big Brother politics.
Please pass this on to other members of your party.
As a 60 year old, I have been a Liberal supporter, as where my children, my parents, and my grandparents before me. NO LONGER.
Your party, during its tenure, has done more damage to Ontario, than any that have gone before you, and is plauged with lies, broken promices, and wasteful spending.
You have made Ontario a haven for child molestors, drunk drivers, and murderers that get 2 for 1 deals. Spend a day in a criminal courthouse..where every case is remanded..over and over and over.
I have served Jury Duty THREE TIMES in my life.
I turn on the TV, and see a commercial for ” I lost my life savings gambling”, and the next commercial says “Casino Rama, whe build excitement”, and now, ANOTHER lottery scandal..FIX it or get out if it.
For the record, I dont buy lottery tickets, nor do I gamble.
And I see “rent or hydro, millions cannot afford both”..or “shelter or food, millions cannot afford both”..a constant reminder ?
Ontario industry WAS built on affordable hydro..Now whe have no industry, and no jobs..Dont you GET IT?
I worked for General Motors dealers for 23 years..YOU HAD NO BUSINESS bailing them out..They deserved to go out of business..and they still do
The governments primary role, is to protect us from preditors. Instead, it has become one.
I am tired by being bled dry by tax after tax and watching STUPID projects wasting more and more of MY money..by ALL Levels of Government
For the moment, I will be giving my support to Mr Klees.